To begin with, you must download the extension here and then follow our guide to install and configure it accurately.
1. M2 Banner Slider Extension: Installation
After downloading the plugin from Tigren store, you must unpack the zip file and upload all the components to the root directory of your Magento store.
Then, launch your SSH terminal and execute the following commands in turn:
php bin/magento module:enable Tigren_Core php bin/magento module:enable Tigren_Bannermanager php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento cache:flush
2. M2 Banner Slider Extension: Configuration
Step 1: Upload the banners in the slider (block)
Go to your Admin panel, navigate to BANNER MANAGER and select Banners.
(Admin Panel => BANNER MANAGER => Banners)
Then, click on the Add New Banner button on the upper-right corner of the Banners page.
In the New Banner page, click on the Banner Information tab and enter all required fields:
– Set Banner Title in short.
– Add Description for the banner (optional).
– Upload the Image (banner) from your computer.
– Add the URL of the destination page shown when the customer clicks on the banner (optional).
– Choose Target of the destination page: Open in the same/ new window.
– Set start and end time for displaying the banner by picking specific dates from the calendar (optional).
– Activate the banner by setting Is Active to Yes.
– Set the order of the banner on the slider (e.g.: 0, 1, 2, 3,…)
– Click on Save Banner button to complete banner settings.
Continue uploading more banners on the slider if you want.
Step 2: Create slider (block) containing the uploaded banners
Navigate to BANNER MANAGER and select Blocks.
(Admin Panel => BANNER MANAGER => Blocks)
Then, click on the Add New Block button on the upper-right corner of the Blocks page.
In the New Block page, click on the Block Information tab and enter all required fields:
– Set Block Title in short.
– Select the Customer Groups who can view the image slider.
– Choose Block Position as Homepage-Content-Top
(This Banner Slider extension offers multiple positions to display the banners. Hence, you will be able to not only add banner slider in Magento 2 homepage but also other pages in your store)
– Set start and end time for displaying the banner slider by picking specific dates from the calendar (optional)
– Set the Display Type of the banner to Slider.
– Activate the block by setting Is Active to Yes.
– Set the order of the block (e.g.: 0, 1, 2, 3,…). When you create multiple blocks in the same position, only the one with the highest priority will be shown.
Now, switching to the Select Banner tab to select the banners (images) belong to this slider (block).
– Select the banners by marking the checkbox.
– Click on Save Block button to complete block settings.
We have shown you some simple steps to add the banner slider to your Magento 2 store by using the Magento 2 Banner Manager extension. If you have any problem when following our instruction, be free to leave a comment so that we can help!