1. New FeaturesMagento 2.2.4 comes packed with many third-party extensions, especially Amazon Pay, Vertex, Klarna Payments, and Dotmailer:
- Amazon Pay is not a strange payment method for whom often go shopping online. By including Amazon Pay in Magento 2.2.4, Magento has opened their doors to millions of customers possessing Amazon accounts around the world. Now, the checkout becomes much faster and easier, and even more secure since your store can enjoy advanced fraud protection from Amazon.
- Vertex is integrated with the aim of simplifying and automating the sales tax calculation process. In many cases, the customers leave the site since the total cost with tax included in the checkout is over their estimates. Now, owing to Vertex, the buyers will get accurate tax amount directly in the cart so that they can modify the cart if necessary before going to the checkout. As a result, this enhancement will help you to minimize the current cart abandonment rates.
- Klarna Payments is another new payment method integrated into Magento 2.2.4. By using Klarna, shoppers in Magento store will have more convenient payment options such as Pay Now, Pay Later, or Slice It (pay in installment). With Pay Now, the customers can check out quickly using their direct debit or bank transfer in some European markets. Meanwhile, Pay Later allows the purchaser to complete their payment within 30 days after delivery. Moreover, Slice It allows payment in installments at a reasonable interest.
2. Notable Improvements
- Faster image loading and improved search performance.
- Translatable and extensible admin global search with the ACL settings included for the existing user.
- CyberSource payment is supported in the multi-shipping checkout.
- Dedicated payment and shipping debug log files are offered to keep information to those functional areas.
- Upgraded Emogrifier dependency to 2.0.0 or later.
- Dotmailer is applied to customize transactional email templates.
3. Essential Fixes
Installation, setup, and deployment
- Links to Magento installation documentation are corrected.
- Helper object is provided to facilitate access to styling objects in the Symfony console.
- Be able to set API access to integrations for Admin roles.
- Be able to enable/ disable the Magento Profiler from the command line.
- Be able to define a custom version for deployed static files.
- Be able to deploy static content on demand in production mode.
- A customer can log out and then log back in instantly.
- The tracking link will not return a 404 error in the Admin.
- Removed HTML tags have from attribute names in the Catalog Product drop-down menu.
- Orders associated with customer accounts are shown on the Orders page.
- The credit card form is available when making an order from the Admin, even when there is a single payment method.
- CAPTCHA labels include both symbols, letters, and image.
- Each cache type is followed by a separate cache storage.
- 11% performance improvement for simple product views.
- Search results are cached for faster response time on popular searches.
- The same number of products are displayed regardless of how products are sorted by price in the Catalog Product list.
- Products are not duplicated within a category, and random products are removed.
- No more error when re-saving a product attribute under a new name.
- Be able to save emojis in custom product options.
- No more extraneous new product when saving an existing product with altered SKU.
- Be able to save a product with customizable options.
- Website scope is included in Visual Merchandiser when displaying the correct prices and availability of configurable products.
- Catalog product list widget can work with multiple SKUs.
- All out-of-stock products now are listed on the low stock report.
Cart and checkout
- Custom Checkout and Shipping steps are separated when the checkout page is loading.
- Be able to change currency for an order before completing the order.
- There is an empty state field in the check out with multi-address when a customer changes their address.
- The default selector on the backend’s tax rule edit page now selects only the correct container based on the Tax Rate multiselect.
- The Not yet calculated text string next to the string Tax on the checkout page is translated.
- CyberSource payment is supported in multi-shipping checkout on Magento Commerce.
- The users who logged out can’t see their saved credit cards.
- Third-party developers are allowed to customize the payment error messages for payment integrations due to Magento Payment Provider Gateway.
- Be able to access details of the order created with a custom offline payment method.
- Place Order button of Brain Tree is disabled.
- Improved Payment Methods section appearance of the checkout page on mobile devices.
- Credit memo total is automatically updated when the admin issues a refund.
- The handling fee for shipping methods is 0.
- Magento Shipping is applied to offer a wide range of shipping options, set up fulfillment automation rules and handle returns,… from the backend.
- Easily duplicate a bundle product without stripping the original bundle product of its options.
- Be able to apply custom price symbols when you assign prices to configurable prices.
- Show a warning when creating new config product without entering a valid SKU.
- Easily import customer addresses from multi-websites with country restrictions.
- Prefix or suffix fields are optional in customer account configuration.
- The scrollable scrollbar on the Admin store switcher on machines running OSX.
- Customers are forced to select State/Province when shipping orders to India.
- Be able to disable the State is Required for field.
- Be able to use only one query to get attribute groups from different attribute sets.
- The product attribute repository save method won’t reset the source model to null during the creation of a new product attribute through code.
- Be able to update products in a batch with over 60 attributes.
- Order confirmation emails from the Admin in multistore environments are sent from the store the customers used instead of the primary one.
- No more misleading feedback when sending tracking information email.
- Be able to switch product mode to default one.
- Be able to subscribe to events containing a number in their name.
- The report processor returns an HTTP 500 status code.
- Customers with an empty D.o.B field are allowed to be saved no matter what the field is marked or not.
- When adding an item to wishlist after logging out, the user will be redirected to the Wishlist page.
- No more PHP sessions triggered by anonymous calls using REST.
Web API framework
- A user without permissions for negotiable quote editing still can create customer addresses.
- Be able to set attribute values to empty strings by using REST.
- Easily import product & label images from CSV files.
- Be able to import/export a certain store view with custom options.
- There is a test for adding values in the system variable collection unit test.
- Be able to add custom CSS to a CMS page by using layout update XML field.
- Invoice ID is saved when creating a credit memo from the invoice in the backend.
- Be able to place orders using PayPal when Payment Action = Order.
- The amount of stock to be returned to inventory can be calculated accurately when an order is canceled.
- Invoices can display the exact quantity of a product ordered.
- Be able to set Catalog Input Type for Store Owner equal to Fixed Product Tax in a multi-store environment when implementing product attribute.
- When a customer tries to reorder or step back in the checkout process, it will show the relevant shipping methods.
- Accurate catalog rule price for bundle products with custom options.
- Exact label value is given in the backend when creating cart price rule.
- Coupon codes applied to a subsequently canceled order can be reused.
- Grid filtration now can handle MySQL special characters.
- No more error when submitting the search form in the header with an empty value.
- If there is an exception when creating a sitemap, you will get the errors through email as configured in the sitemap configuration XML.
- Be able to import visual swatch attribute options using REST.
- Visual swatches having an assigned color now show that color in the swatch box.
- Integration tests are offered for product URL rewrite generation.
- After the customer is logged in, there is a welcome message showing that customer name.
- It’s optional to enable/disable the fullscreen gallery on mobile devices.
- Be able to close full-screen zoomed product images displayed on iPhone (4s, 5s, 6, or 6s) with the Safari browser.
- Be able to configure a form field with validation range words.
- Promo code input box is disabled after promo code is applied.
- Product’s special price is displayed when that item is added to wish list.
- Be able to remove product description in wishlist.
Translations and locale
- Inline translations and custom translators can work for Knockout templates.
- There is a new locale for Swedish (Finland).
- Current locale is utilized to translate the time zone label.
- Be able to export the Ordered Products report to a CSV file.
4. Upgrade To Magento 2.2.4
Undoubtedly, Magento 2.2.4 has transformed positively compared to the previous version with lots of amazing new functional features. Therefore, we highly recommend you to upgrade your current platform to the latest version to enjoy these strong improvements. If lacking professional Magento developers to handle Magento upgrade is your problem, don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected], we are always available for help.
Ecommerce Development From A To Z
Hire Magento Developer: Difficult or Easy?
Magento 2 Daily Deal Extension By Tigren Solutions
3 Essential Steps To Turn Visitors To Buyers For Magento Stores[ratings]