On June 27, 2018, Magento released its latest version – Magento 2.2.5 for both Open Source (Community) and Commerce (Enterprise) platforms. On these versions, there are more than 150 bug fixes that were contributed by Magento community, and significant enhancements, especially in terms of store security. In addition, Magento highly encourages us to upgrade to its latest version in order to prevent the threats of losing the admin control and valuable customer information.
Now, let’s see what’s new in the Magento 2.2.5 release and how it helps us to protect our websites from potential security threats!
Magento 2.2.5’s Essential Updates
- Closing stored XSS, SQL injection, and cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities.
- Tackling the deployment issues of multi-website after upgrading your site to Magento 2.2.4 by applying the same config throughout store views by default.
- Boosting the performance of data index process by nearly 15%.
- Raising performance of core bundled extensions.
- Enhancing core code of Magento.
- Improving checkout process by allowing customers to register a new account on Order Confirmation page
- Updating product sorting function to sort all items based on actual price before sale.
- Adding new features related to Magento shipping: carrier selection for returns, batch shipments, collection points
- Augmenting performance of catalog search result page by over 30%
Magento 2.2.5’s Noticeable Bug Fixes
- Impossible to run a cron job many times
- Easily discarding any option of bundle product
- Getting rid of bundle products when applying coupons
- Running simultaneously catalog search full-text indexer and catalog product indexer
- Appling new data format (dd/mm/yyyy) for saving products using a locale
- Showing image of selected option for the configurable product on the wishlist
- Filtering recent order according to stores on “My account” page correctly
- Capturing accurate PayPal Payflow Pro credentials in multi-store
- Hide out-of-stock option of configurable products in search results
- Flushing cache for common search results to cut down their response time
- Easily navigating from default store’s catalog page to that of different stores
- Adding accurate tax amount in Order Total section (on Order Summary)
- Displaying both prices included/ excluded tax on the checkout page
- Allowing customers to create Vertex invoice refund once the order is canceled
- Handling some minor issues related to Amazon Pay, Vertex, and dotmailer
Download Magento 2.2.5:
Upgrading to Magento 2.2.5 With Magento Experts
It seems that Magento 2.2.5 doesn’t bring about as many new and exciting features as Magento 2.2.4, it’s still worth our trying! If you want to upgrade your site smoothly and fast by professional Magento developers, contact us now to get a Free and Attractive quotation!