There is plenty of reasons for migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2, but the major one is to enhance the current website performance. It would be easy to upgrade to Magento 2 if you possess Magento in-house developer team. However, if you do not have a team like that, hiring quality Magento migration services is a good idea.
As you may know, there are plenty of reputable Magento development companies worldwide that can help you to convert your site to Magento 2 successfully. In this blog post, we will show you how to find a suitable Magento migration service provider and tell you the major benefits of migrating to Magento 2. Let’s get started!
How Can I Find Good Magento Migration Services?
Most Magento agencies worldwide provide Magento migration services, which you can easily search for on Google or other search engines. In order to find an appropriate company to work with, you should consider its capability and quotation. It would be unreasonable to work with the best agency in the US, for example, while having a modest budget.
In terms of capability, you should look for Magento developers/ development agencies who have at least three years of experience in Magento development. Also, you had better ask for their profile/ portfolio showing what they have conducted in the past and their reference. From that, you can evaluate their ability and quality of work objectively and subjectively.
When it comes to the quotation, I mean you should find a balance between the reputation of the Magento agency, its offered price, and your financial capability. From my experience, the expensive Magento migration services in many cases do not mean high quality, and the affordable ones do not mean bad quality.
For instance, due to the huge difference in terms of the labor cost, you will have to pay an enormous amount to hire Magento development companies in the US, the UK. At the same time, it takes just a half or even less to have your project done by a firm in Vietnam/ Singapore/ Thailand/ India, but the quality of work might be the same. Therefore, you should consider using Magento migration services in Asian countries when your fund is limited.
What Are Included In Magento Migration Services?
In general, Magento migration service providers will help you to:
- Migrate theme from Magento 1 to Magento 2: In fact, it’s impractical to re-use the Magento 1 theme on the new website. Hence, the Magento agency might suggest three options: cloning the current theme to make a similar one for Magento 2, applying a ready-made theme for the new site, or developing a new design from scratch. For the first option, you need to provide the PSD/AI file of the template. For the second solution, the developers will help you to install (and customize) your chosen theme (you have to buy it). For the last method, it takes more time and effort for the agency to design a unique template and code the site’s front-end (HTML).
- Migrate extensions from Magento 1 to Magento 2: As you might know, we cannot continue using the existing Magento 1 modules and plugins in Magento 2. Due to that, you will have to buy new extensions for Magento 2, and then the Magento agency will install and configure them on the new site. Also, they can help you to solve possible conflicts among those extensions, if any. If you want to customize some parts of the modules, just give detailed requirements for your developers.
- Migrate data from Magento 1 to Magento 2: The Magento migration service provider will transfer all or some database assets such as products, customers, orders, CMS pages from Magento 1 to Magento 2 smoothly by using the official Magento data migration tool.
- Migrate custom features from Magento 1 to Magento 2: The developers will not help you move the custom code to Magento 2 but develop the same functions for the new site. Most of the code in Magento 1 is not compatible with Magento 2.
- Configure the new Magento 2 website: After finishing the theme, extension, data, and code migration process, the developers will complete your new site with fundamental configuration/ setup related to language, currency, shipping and payment, email templates, and so on.
- Provide after-service support and maintenance: It depends on your selected Magento migration service provider that you will receive support after your project is complete. For example, Tigren offers 6 to 12 months of free support after the clients’ website goes live to achieve the highest customer satisfaction. Meanwhile, some companies might charge for the after-service support according to their fixed hourly rate.
Most of the Magento migration service providers will provide custom solutions based on your needs and requirements. Owing to that, you are able to decide what is included/ not included in the project proposal.
Assumed that you already know how to install Magento 2 extensions and can do it yourself, it’s good to discard the module migration part from your requirements to save your money.
What Will I Get After Using Magento Migration Services?
In comparison to Magento 1, Magento 2 is much better in all ways. Thanks to that, after migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2 with professional developers, you will get a totally new store with:
1. Significant Performance Enhancement
2. Easy-to-use and Modern Admin Interface
3. 100% Responsive and Mobile-friendly Storefront
4. Improved User Experience
5. Secure Payment Methods
6. SEO-friendly E-commerce Website
7. Flexible and Easy-to-customize Store
If you don’t have enough knowledge and experience in Magento 2 migration, hiring reliable Magento migration services will help you migrate to Magento 2 in the shortest period of time and avoid the risks of data loss.
All things considered, there are undeniable of migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2. Moreover, if you can choose the right Magento migration service provider, they will provide you with effective and efficient upgrade solutions – without any problems and within your budget.
With over 5-year experience in Magento development, Tigren has become a trusted name when it comes to Magento migration services.