WHAT IS VIRTUAL PRODUCT IN MAGENTO 2?
In Magento 2, the virtual product is non-tangible items and can be trade like other normal physical product without shipping. For example, you might want to sell extra (support) services, memberships, warrenties, subscriptions and so on. These items can be sold individually or as part of the grouped or bundle product.
HOW TO CREATE A VIRTUAL PRODUCT IN MAGENTO 2?
Actually, creating a virtual product in Magento 2 is similar to create a simple product (but you don’t need to add the weight information)
More specifically, there are 5 steps to create a Virtual product. Here we will create a service of Extension Support in Tigren. This product brings about 3-month support for customers after they buy extensions from us.
- 1st step: Go the Admin Panel, navigate to PRODUCTS, tap Catalog, on Add Product choose Virtual Product
(Admin Panel => PRODUCTS => Catalog => Add Product => Virtual Product)
- 2nd step: Select the Attribute Set – template for the product. After that, there are more fields automatically updated, which are related to the Attribute Set that you have chosen.
- 3rd step: Fill in the Required Fields (Product Name, Price, Category, Description, …). When you add the name of the product, the SKU will be automatically created, which is the same as the product name.
Create New Category:
- 4th step: Add an image representing the product
- 5th step: Finally, save the product you have created, refresh cache and check how it presents on the front-end.
On the Category Page
On the Product Page
If you have any problems when following these steps, please let us know by leaving a comment. See you in the next Magento tutorial!
Creating Magento 2 Products Series: