Do you know that one out of four e-commerce businesses now is using Magento? In recent years, Magento has become one of the most prevalent e-commerce platforms with more than 250,000 stores worldwide. In addition, the majority of these e-shops are Magento based or planning for Magento migration from 1 to 2. Although Magento 1 has already been a great platform with a wide range of amazing features, Magento 2 can bring about more than that. If you are in a divided mind as to migrate to Magento 2 or not, this blog post will help you to make a decision easier by showing what you will get after implementing Magento migration from 1 to 2. After that, you can figure out whether Magento 2 upgrade’s worth your effort or not. Let’s get started!
- Migrating to Magento 2 Within 30 Days
- Looking for Magento Migration Service with Affordable Price?
- How To Calculate Magento Website Design and Development Cost Yourself?
1. Explicit Performance Boost
In comparison to Magento 1, Magento 2 delivers a significantly surpassing performance. Specifically, most of the Magento 2 stores have 50% faster page load speed across different pages than Magento 1 ones. In addition, the websites developed on Magento 2 can provide much faster checkout, handle more orders and page views at the same time, and so on. In order to make it this far, Magento 2 has to combine the following features:
- Allow Full-page cache: Due to the full-page cache function, all pages in Magento 2 websites are able to load rapidly within 1-2 seconds while it takes up to 10 seconds for loading without caching. Moreover, the full-page cache provides an ability of handling multiple Catalog pages simultaneously with optimal speed.
- Include Vanish cache: Varnish cache is another valuable built-in web app accelerator, which plays an important role in decreasing the response time and network bandwidth utilization on correlative requests.
- Support PHP’s latest versions: Magento 2 supports the latest versions of PHP (5.x – 7.x), which offer a lot of enhancements for boosting web speed.
- Optimize images: Magento 2 allows us to compress and optimize all images directly on the server by using the built-in tools at ease.
- Apply MySql’s latest version: Magento 2 utilizes the latest version of MySql with the aim of enhancing the query, re-indexing and caching process.
2. Convenient Admin Interface
After conducting Magento migration from 1 to 2, you will achieve an advanced, clean and user-friendly admin interface. Here are some benefits of managing your store on Magento 2 admin interface:
- Easy-to-use: Compared to Magento 1 admin panel, this new interface looks modern and easier to use even when you don’t have a technical background. From the new color palette to the intelligent structure, all make it more convenient to navigate and manage the store intuitively.
Magento 1 Admin Panel
Magento 2 Dashboard
- Customizable: A special thing about Magento 2 admin interface is that it allows us to select which type of information will/ won’t be shown in order to access needed information quickly. For example, in the Products management page, you can be able to select different product data to be displayed (ID, type, price, status, thumbnail, SKU,…) by marking on the Columns check box.
- Responsive: Another useful feature of this admin panel is that it’s optimized for various screen sizes. Owing to that, the store owners can easily manage their store by using any devices from the desktop, laptop to smartphone. Especially, when being on a business trip, they can still monitor the store operation at ease on their tablets.
- Faster: On the Magento 2 backend, we can easily and rapidly create, import, edit product or customers information in bulk.
Overal, Magento 2 admin panel is optimized for both developers and merchants to manage the website effectively.
3. Responsive and Mobile-friendly Website Design
Nowadays, people have a tendency to go online shopping using a variety of devices, especially on their mobile phones. Therefore, it’s crucial to optimize the website design to make it present nicely across the devices. Fortunately, Magento 2 storefront is responsive and mobile-friendly by default. As a result, both mobile and desktop users can enjoy a user-friendly and engaging store appearance as well as fast page load speed.
4. Rich User Experience
Bringing about a better experience for the shoppers would make a great contribution to boost sales and improve the conversion rates on your Magento store. Due to Magento migration from 1 to 2, your user experience would be enhanced noticeably:
- Fast and user-friendly checkout: The checkout is one of the most outstanding functions of Magento 2. It is a smooth and easy 2-step process, helping the customers to complete their orders as soon as possible. Consequently, the time for checkout in Magento 2 stores is minimized, leading to a remarkable decrease in cart abandonment rate while raising the sale conversions.
Moreover, Magento 2 offers the “Guest checkout” function so that non-registered purchasers can still place their orders easily and create a new account after checkout if they want. Furthermore, for registered users, they just need to enter their email address on the checkout page, then their saved information (name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number) will be filled automatically.
- Personalized content: In your migrated Magento 2 website, you will be able to track users’ behaviors, their favorite items and search history. Based on that valuable information, the store owners can offer more proper products and services, and hold appropriate promotion campaigns for their different customer groups. Hence, the buyers might feel being more respected and be more loyal to the store.
- Persistent shopping cart: This is an interesting of Magento 2 e-commerce store. Once the buyers log in their account, all of the information related to their viewed products, product comparison, wishlist and especially shopping cart will remain for the next visit(s). As a result, the shoppers don’t need to search again for their favorite items on the last time visit but continuing their shopping instantly.
- Convenient search and layered navigation: For any e-commerce websites, the search and navigation menu is crucial since it opens a door for the customers to discover a wide range of products. In Magento 2, the useful search function allows the users to look for the favorite items fast and efficiently. Moreover, the layered navigation gives the buyers an ability to filter products and get relevant results with ease.
- Rich-content product page: Magento 2’s product page is very informative with videos, images with zoom and swatches, ratings and reviews,…
5. Multiple Payment Methods
It’s true to say that Magento 2 platform has one of the best payment systems with multiple popular payment gateways:
- Amazon Pay
- Klarna Payments
With this wide range of choices, the customers can complete their payment quickly and securely. Besides, Magento 2 Enterprise Edition also is integrated with CyberSource and WorldPay to make sure that all transactions are conducted with the highest safety.
Although Magento migration from 1 to 2 might take your time and money, it’s worth your effort. After implementing the upgrade, you will get the highest website performance, modern and convenient admin interface, responsive and mobile-friendly design, improved customer experience and various secure payment methods. By the way, if you are looking for a reliable Magento development company to migrate your site to Magento 2, Tigren is one of the best choices. With more than 5 years of experience in Magento e-commerce development, we are confident to help you conduct Magento migration from 1 to 2 smoothly and with an affordable cost. Contact us now to get a Free and Fast quotation for your project.