Magento 2.1.3 was released in December 16th, 2016. Compared to the previous version, it has solved succesfully a great deal of bugs as well as added great new features. Here is the notable results:
More Convenient Payment Functionality
With an array of new PayPal and Braintree features, you will be able to rationalize purchases and business processes. These intensifications will empower you to:
- Raise sales volume by allowing visits who don’t sign in to reorder without submitting their credit card information. Therefore, dealers can bill the last payment method used during a guest checkout.
- Boost conversion rates significantly by allowing customers to save their PayPal account as a payment option, which means that they can ignore PayPal ID and password fields in later checkouts.
- Minimize chargebacks and calls for support by customizing the business name, phone number and URL that are shown on credit card statements for each of your websites owing to Braintree.
- Avoid your business from delivering products to risk-exposure buyers with a new process that requires the Braintree risk decision confirmation before carrying out any orders.
Besides the new payment functionality, there are several updates to improve Magento 2 overall performance and quality.
- SQL media queries have been eliminated to elevate storefront performance and compilation and static asset creation is faster.
- Also, managing configurable products with plenty of variations in the Admin is incredibly faster: generating a grid or saving a list of product variants takes only few seconds to complete.
- In terms of product management, CSV files are imported or exported successfully with data containing some special symbols (not escaped while file processes).
- The catalog doesn’t require a large temporary table memory allocation in MySQL for large catalogs as formerly.
- There are 2 new API endpoints from sales module letting you conduct refunds from an invoice or order. (these were only performed from the admin interface previously)
These updates are promised to deliver unique and engaging shopping experiences in your online store.
NEED HELP TO MIGRATE MAGENTO 1.X TO MAGENTO 2.X?
As you might know, Magento 2 platform applies new approaches and technologies that give merchants an ability to create innovative shopping experiences and scale to new levels. If you would like to update your current site to Magento 2.X but still hesitate about technical issues, we are here to give you a hand. Please contact us by sending email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we can take care of the rest.