Are you looking to keep your Magento 2 e-commerce store visitors updated with the latest product releases, promotions, or content updates? RSS feeds can be your secret weapon. Configuring RSS feeds in Magento 2 is a simple yet powerful way to ensure your customers are always in the loop.
In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through the process of setting up and customizing RSS feeds in Magento 2. By the end of this tutorial, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge to effortlessly deliver your store’s updates directly to your audience, enhancing user engagement and customer satisfaction.
What Are RSS Feeds In Magento 2?
To begin with, the RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. Its purpose is to automatically disseminate the information in your store to the customers who subscribe to get the feed. After subscription, they might get news and updates related to your new products, special products, products and discounts, and so on.
How Many Types Of RSS Feeds In Magento 2?
There are 6 available types of RSS feed, namely Wish List, New Products, Special Products, Coupons/ Discounts, Top Level Category, and Customer Order Status. You must understand these first before getting to know how to set up RSS feeds.
- Wish List: The RSS feed link will be shown at the top of the purchasers’ wish list pages. Simultaneously, there is a checkbox in the wish list sharing page that allows users to include a link to the feed from shared wish lists.
- New Products: Send the subscribers notification of recently added products
- Special Products: Let the subscribers know items that are being sold at special prices.
- Coupons/Discounts: Inform the subscribers of current or upcoming coupons or discounts.
- Top Level Category: Tell the subscribers about the changes in the top-level category – in the store’s main menu.
- Customer Order Status: Allow the subscribers to follow and track their order statuses through the RSS feed.
How to Config/Set Up RSS Feeds In Magento 2
There are just 5 steps to configure RSS feeds in Magento 2. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Navigate to Configuration in the backend menu
Go to the Admin Panel, navigate to STORES, and choose Configuration (under Settings)
(Admin Panel => STORES => Configuration)
Step 2: Choose a favorable store view
On the top-left corner, please choose a store view that you want the feeds to be applied.
Step 3: Navigate to RSS Feeds
On the left panel, click on Catalog, then select RSS Feeds in the dropdown.
Step 4: Set up RSS Feeds
Firstly, you must enable RSS on the RSS Config section.
Then, you can do the same for the Wish List section (select Enable).
Next, in the Catalog section, you can enable what they want to send to the subscribers.
- New Products: the latest products which have been added to the store recently.
- Special Products: the products that have special prices.
- Coupons/ Discounts: any available promotional campaigns in the store.
- Top Level Category: any changes in the top-level category
Finally, set “Enable” for the Customer Order Status Notification field.
Step 5: Save the configuration and check on the frontend
To see how it looks like in the front-end, you must access the address link of your store plus the tail “/rss” (add “/rss/” at the end of your URL). For example, www.tigren.com/rss. On this page, if the customers click on the Get Feed button, they will receive RSS feed from selected option(s).
We have shown you 5 simple steps to set up the RSS feeds in Magento 2. If you have any problems when following this tutorial, feel free to ask us by leaving a comment below. See you in the next tutorial!