Flat Rate Shipping is a popular shipping method in Magento 2 that allows you to define a fixed charge applied per item, per shipping class, or per order. In this tutorial, we will show you step-by-step how to set up the Flat Rate Shipping in your Magento store.
Step 1: Go to the Configuration setting
Go to the admin panel, navigate to Stores, and choose Configuration (under Settings).
(Admin Panel => STORES => Settings)
Step 2: Choose the Shipping method
Expand Sales in the left menu and choose Shipping Methods in the dropdown.
(SALES => Shipping Methods)
Step 3: Set your rate
Expand the Flat Rate Shipping field to set things up:
- You must enable the flat rate shipping by setting Enabled to Yes.
- You can edit the title of this method or keep it simple as Flat Rate.
- Enter the Method Name displayed next to the calculated rate in the shopping cart. You can use the default or change it to Plus Handling if you charge a handling fee.
- Select the Type of flat-rate applied among None (equivalent to free shipping)/Per Order (charge a single rate for the whole order)/Per Item (the charge for every item).
- Set the Price that your store charges for flat rate shipping.
- In case you charge an extra handling fee, you must set Calculate Handling Fee to Fixed value or Percentage (%). Then, enter the specific handling fee rate.
- Write a short error message appearing when this shipping method is unavailable.
- Select the a/several/all countries where the free shipping is applied.
- Set Sort Order for the flat rate shipping among other shipping methods. For example, if you set 0 for flat rate shipping, it will appear in the first place.
- Save the config to complete.
If you have any problems when following this tutorial, feel free to ask us by leaving a comment below. See you in the next tutorials!