Magento and WooCommerce can be considered as the two “biggest guys” in the e-commerce industry. There are a lot of prolix and complicated comparison articles with the aim of selecting the winner between two of them, which make us even more confused.
Therefore, we want to give you a short and concise analytics to simplify the problem. Although only the key points are mentioned, it’s enough to make a decision about which platform is suitable for your business.
There are 8 common characteristics between Magento and WooCommerce as the followings:
- Open source
- Easy to seek help from the community
- Allow adding a blog to support SEO
- Allow viewing Google Analytics
- Thousands of free & premium themes
- Easy to customize the design
- Allow to upload unlimited products and manage them effectively
- Plenty of free extensions
On the other hand, Magento differs greatly from WooCommerce in terms of target customers, features, hosting, and so on.
|What is this?||– The most popular e-commerce platform (account for more than a quarter of all online retailers)
– Designed specifically for e-commerce
|– A strong plugin for the WordPress platform
– The 2nd most prevalent choice after Magento
|Cost||– Both free & paid||– Completely free|
|Target customers||– Medium to large e-commerce retailers, who hire agencies to set up & manage their stores||– Small & medium-sized enterprises, who have little coding experience|
|Installation||– Require technical skills||– Easy, can DIY|
|Hosting||– Run using dedicated servers or a cloud plan when the product portfolio grows
– Use large disk space
|– Run using WordPress’s hosting
– Use little disk space, be light on server space
|Features||– Lots of features: Enable to cross-sell & up-sell your products, compare products, create coupon codes, use an advanced filter to navigate the products
– Provide different currencies, payment options, & multiple languages
– Manage many stores on the same account – via one dashboard
– Include APIs to connect with third-party solution
|– Limited features: Allow to rate products & feature best sellers/ sale items through available widgets but require add-ons for more complicated things
– Sotiphicated navigation can be filtered by one attribute
– Include SSL support but require a certificate
|Security||– Many advanced features & dedicated patches to handle any possible vulnerabilities||– Basic features|
Actually, there is no ultimate answer to the question: “Who is the better between Magento and WooCommerce?”. You had better change the question to “Who is the better option for your business?” and I think now you have the answer for your own.
Tigren is one of the top agencies that have more than 5-year-experience on E-commerce website design and development. We have the strong expertise to build professional and user-friendly online stores that guarantee your sales. Especially, we offer a very competitive pricing to suit the budget of both small and large businesses, while the project quality is still guaranteed. Contact us and get a free quote and consultation for your project now!