Favicon is short for “favorite icon,” which is a small icon on the tab of each browser page and in the address bar in some browsers. The standard sizes of the favicon are 16×16 pixels or 32 x 32 pixels.
For Magento e-commerce websites, only the favicons saved in ICO (highly recommended), PNG, JPG, and SVG file types are accepted. In this Magento 2 tutorial, we will show you how to change the favicon in the Magento 2 back-end step-by-step.
How to Change Magento 2 Favicon
- Step 1: Go to the admin panel, navigate to CONTENT and choose Configuration (under Design)
(Admin Panel => CONTENT => Configuration)
- Step 2: Choose a specific store view where you want to change the favicon
- Step 3: Upload the favicon and add necessary information
First, expand the “HTML Head” section.
Here, you can upload a new favicon from your computer. Then, remember to enter the Page Title Default/ Prefix/ Suffix/ Description/ Keywords.
Save the configuration and clear cache to complete.
We have shown you how to change the favicon with ease in Magento 2. If you have any problems when following these instructions, please leave a comment below then we can help!
Some notes for creating the favicon for your Magento website:
1. You must create a 16×16 or 32×32 graphic image of your logo on any proper image editor.
2. You should find a free online tool to convert that file to the .ico format (E.g.: Redketchup, Image.online-convert, Icoconvert, Convertico, etc.). Then, save the file to your computer.